Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum

Discuss your anxiety panic attacks or depression with other Christians. Find support from other Christians who are experiencing the same thing. Find answers. Pray and encourage one another through Jesus Christ.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Revelation Chapter 15 (Part 66) (The Song of Moses)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Statesman63
Admin

PostSubject: Revelation Chapter 15 (Part 66) (The Song of Moses)   Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:42 pm

Today we are covering the Song of Moses because in Revelation 15 the saved Tribulation martyrs in Heaven will sing it. We want to raise and try to answer the question: “Why the Song of Moses?” Again, there are 3 references to the Tribulation in this song in Deuteronomy. The three references in Deuteronomy 32 are: 1) verse 22; 2) verses 34-35; and 3) verses 40-43. The first reference could be extended to verse 25: that is, verses 22-25. But verses 23-25 could also apply to the Israelites during Moses’ (Moses is about to die), or rather, Joshua’s time as a double application.

We see in verse 1 that this song is addressed to everyone, not just to the Israelites. It opens, “Listen, O heavens, and I will speak; hear, O Earth, the words of my mouth.” In verse 2, Moses tells us to be receptive to these words with palatable hearts. He says, “Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew, like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.” The grass and plants need rain for its nourishment and sustenance. So he is telling us that we need these words even if it might cut our hearts and offend some. Verses 3-4 read: “I will proclaim the name of the LORD. Oh, praise the greatness of our God! He is the Rock, His works are perfect, and all His ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is He.” Moses says that the God of the universe is our Rock; He is perfect and just, and is worthy to be praised. Moses said that he will proclaim His name. Christians shouldn’t be bashful in proclaiming His name to our peers and coworkers.

Verse 5 says, “They have acted corruptly toward Him; to their shame they are no longer His children, but a warped and crooked generation.” This same verse can also be translated as: “They are corrupt and not His children; to their shame they are a warped and crooked generation.” This is an interesting verse. Let’s consider why this verse is so interesting. We know that a Christian cannot lose his or her salvation so long as they have faith in Jesus Christ who saves them. But can an Old Testament Israelite lose his or her salvation? Even though the whole Earth was addressed in verse 1, verse 5 is speaking of God’s children: that is, the Israelites. This is confirmed in verses 19-20, which say: “The LORD saw this and rejected them because He was angered by His sons and daughters. ‘I will hide my face from them,’ He said, ‘and see what their end will be; for they are a perverse generation, children who are unfaithful.’” It is important to understand that the Israelites were not saved by their works. God saved them just because He chose them to save them, but the one thing that they must not do was to turn to other gods and serve them—that was when God would disown them. That is not different than a Christian who legitimately believes in Christ, but later in life decides to become a Muslim, that Christian would forfeit his salvation because he rejected the very faith that was saving him. That is the one and only exception of a Christian losing his or her salvation. We are saved by grace alone through faith: if we reject the faith, we are no longer saved. Some Israelites would actually set up shrines to other gods and worship them, either in lieu of, or in conjunction with the true God—and when they did that, God no longer viewed them as His children.

Verse 6 says, “Is this the way you repay the LORD, O foolish and unwise people? Is He not your Father, your Creator, who made you and formed you?” When we rebel against the LORD do we realize that we are rebelling against the Creator who loves us and considers Himself our Father? God loved us first before we loved Him. We need to recognize the imprints of His love in our lives, which will keep us focused on honoring Him with integrity, respect, and love. The next verse says, “Remember the days of old; consider the generations long past. Ask your father and he will tell you, your elders, and they will explain to you.” Since history is often repeated, the song says to ask your fathers and elders, for they will tell you because they experienced it before you. Sadly, this generation is one of few fathers. Earlier on, when we covered this Laodicean Church age, we studied the curse upon the land brought on by the shedding of innocent blood, namely, abortion. There is another curse upon this land today that we didn’t cover: that is the curse due to fatherlessness. The last verse of the Old Testament ends with this curse. Malachi 4:6 says, “He [Elijah] will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse.”

As we are nearing the last days, the bible tells us that things will get worst, not better. One of the driving forces that has sped up our depravity is this curse of fatherlessness. The divorce rate in America is currently at 50 percent. The US Census Bureau reported that in 2016 there were 12 million single parent families in the US, and of those, more than 80% were headed by single mothers. They also state that today, 1 in 4 children under the age of 18 are being raised without a father. If there are no fathers to point their children to the LORD, Malachi tells us that God will strike the land with a curse. But not only that, please note that Malachi also says that the hearts of the children must be to their fathers. So of the 3/4ths who have fathers, if the children disobey their Earthly fathers and don’t respect them, then Malachi says that the same curse will be upon the land. It is important in this age of feminist movements that we don’t encourage fatherless homes. And not only that, but if we abort the children then those children are obviously without fathers. Today we have exceeded 60 million in conventional abortions. When we factor in abortions due to the plan B pill, RU-486 and other home abortion kits, the real numbers have exceeded 300 million deaths. There is certainly a curse on this land from God that the Laodicean Church has closed its eyes to. Today we try to fight the symptoms of the curse without dealing with the root cause. Our problem today is not the crime rate, or racism, or a bad economy, or a dysfunctional political party. Those are only the symptoms of the root cause: the curse of innocent bloodshed and fatherlessness.

Let’s pick back up with the Song of Moses in verse 10, which reads, “In a desert land He [God] found him [Israel], in a barren and howling waste. He shielded him and cared for him; He guarded him as the apple of His eye….” The “apple of His eye” here refers to the pupil of the eye, which is the most important part of the eye and should be protected at all costs. Please skip to verse 12: “The LORD alone led him; no foreign god was with him.” This was true for only short periods of time in Israel’s history, but this is specifically referring to the period when God freed Israel from their bondage to Egypt and cared for them for 40 years in the desert. Since this is the song of Moses, Israel has not yet entered the Promised Land. Moses is recalling what happened in his past, namely, the time of Israel’s escape from Egypt and those 40 years in the desert. The next several verses recall how God cared for them in the desert for those 40 years. It says in verse 13, “He made him [Israel] ride on the heights of the land and fed him with the fruit of the fields. He nourished him with honey from the rock, and with oil from the flinty crag…” Recall that the Tribulation martyrs are singing this song. I’m sure they are relating this portion of the song to themselves as God took care of them for those 3 ½ years that they survived the Tribulation. We saw in a previous study that these Tribulation martyrs include mostly saved Israelites, and converted Christians who were former Muslims, mostly from Assyria and Egypt. These Christian martyrs would also have to include Gog and Magog (current day Russia) because they will show up during the Millennium, and their descendants will eventually rebel at the end of the Millennium. Only those saved during the Tribulation period will have the ability to procreate during the Millennium.

I believe it was in our last study that we saw that God predicted that Israel will turn to other gods when they do get to the Promised Land. It says in Deuteronomy 31:16, “And the LORD said to Moses: ‘You are going to rest with your fathers, and these people will soon prostitute themselves to the foreign gods of the land they are entering. They will forsake me and break the covenant I made with them.” So if we return to the Song of Moses, we see that this song also mentions this prediction of Israel’s apostasy. It says in 32:15, “Jeshurun grew fat and kicked; filled with food, he became heavy and sleek. He abandoned the God who made him and rejected the Rock his Savior.” Jeshurun refers to Israel. It ironically means “the upright one” though Israel is not acting upright at all here. God imputes His righteousness to us, which is the only thing that makes us upright. Isaiah refers to Israel as Jeshurun in in Isaiah 44:2, which reads, “This is what the LORD says—He who made you, who formed you in the womb, and who will help you: Do not be afraid, O Jacob, my servant, Jeshurun, whom I have chosen.” It is ironic that the “womb” and “Jeshurun” is referenced in the same verse here in Isaiah, and I’ll explain why in a moment. We see in Deuteronomy that God made sure that Jeshurun was well fed and had his fill and that was when Jeshurun rejected God. Blessings can be a curse. A blessing becomes a curse when God’s goodness makes us indifferent to Him. It is possible for us to be too blessed that we forget the Blesser.

Verse 16 says, “They made Him jealous with their foreign gods and angered Him with their detestable idols.” Verse 17: “They sacrificed to demons which are not God—gods they had not known; gods that recently appeared; gods your fathers did not fear.” Again, the Israelites didn’t do this yet (aside from the one occurrence at Horeb when they worshipped the golden calf). This is a prediction of what they will do soon. The Israelites will not only soon worship other gods when they enter the Promised Land, but they will sacrifice to them as well. By sacrificing to other gods, this verse says that they were actually sacrificing to demons. Psalm 106:37-38 describe when the Israelites were sacrificing to demons. It says, “They sacrificed their sons and their daughters to demons. They shed innocent blood, the blood of their sons and daughters, whom they sacrificed to the idols of Canaan, and the land was polluted with blood.” That’s why I found it ironic that Isaiah also mentioned Jeshurun and referenced the womb together in that verse. The Israelites aborted their children. They followed the practices of the world. They accepted the conventions of the times and the Zeitgeist of the day. They did it because the law of the pagans allowed it and the majority was doing it. How is America any different today? God responded to their atrocities in Psalm 106:40-42, which says the following: “Therefore the LORD was angry with His people and abhorred His inheritance. He handed them over to the nations, and their foes ruled over them. Their enemies oppressed them and subjected them to their power.” Now, I am able to find China, Russia, Egypt, Israel, and many Muslim countries referenced in biblical end-times prophecy regarding the Tribulation period, which is coming soon. But I do not see America referenced as if we are not even there. Could it be that we are not mentioned because we do not exist? Could it be that the reason we are not there is because we have failed to respond to the curse that is upon our land today? If America does not open its eyes, particularly the Church in America, God will certainly do to us as He did to His own people and despite our massive military force, God will make us insignificant. This issue is much bigger than most realize.

Along these same lines, verse 18 says, “You deserted the Rock, who fathered you; you forgot the God who gave you birth.” Today we deprive life to those in the womb because we have forgotten the God who gave us birth. Verse 19: “The LORD saw this and rejected them because He was angered by His sons and daughters.” Verse 20: “‘I will hide my face from them,’ He said, ‘and see what their end will be; for they are a perverse generation, children who are unfaithful.’” All God has to do to judge is to not intervene. God sanctifies His own by His presence. When God takes His presence away from us (and thus His sanctification), we are left subject to the tragedies and problems that come about by being outside of His will. Verse 21b continues, “I will make them envious by those who are not a people; I will make them angry by a nation that has no understanding.” This here refers to the Gentiles in the New Testament era. Paul quotes this verse in Romans 10:19 to explain that because of Israel’s disobedience and apostasy, God turned to the Gentiles to make Israel jealous.

We come to our first Tribulation reference in verse 22. It reads, “For a fire has been kindled by my wrath, one that burns to the realm of death below. It will devour the Earth and its harvests and set afire the foundations of the mountains.” A lot of what sounds like figurative language in the Bible, I often first assume in interpreting that it is literal until the context proves otherwise. I interpret this verse literally. In biblical times this was probably interpreted figuratively. But with today’s nuclear warfare and bombs, the foundations of mountains can easily be set afire and destroyed. The word “death” here is the Hebrew word “Sheol.” Sheol is sometimes translated as “grave” and sometimes it refers to Hades. The translation of that word is contextual. This verse would still make sense even if the translators had chosen to go with “Hades” here. It would then read: “For a fire has been kindled by my wrath, one that burns to the realm of Hades below.” “Fire” is contextual as well. It refers to either God’s judgement or to literal fire as the method of punishment He uses to satisfy His judgement. This verse says that a fire has been kindled by God’s wrath. When fire is “kindled” or first started, it usually starts by a small spark and then can grow into a massive fire if not contained. As long as sin continues unrestrained, God’s wrath grows and grows until it unleashes in judgment and destruction. God’s patience and love often postpones His wrath, but at some point His righteousness and justice unleashes it. The Tribulation period is the culmination of God’s wrath unleashed in response to the unrestrained sin of man.

The second half of Deuteronomy 28, starting at verse 15, speaks of the curses from God for disobedience. These curses (and blessings of that same chapter) first apply to God’s people Israel (and the Christian), but the curses later extends to the ungodly to the maximum degree during the Tribulation. The next several verses: that is Dt. 32:23-25 can apply to the punishment to Israel when they disobeyed and apostatized to other gods, and it has a double application to the Tribulation. The curses in these verses are also found in Deuteronomy 28. I want to skip to verse 26, which says, “I said I would scatter them and blot out their memory from mankind, but I dreaded the taunt of the enemy, lest the adversary misunderstand and say, ‘Our hand has triumphed; the LORD has not done all this.’” When did God say He would scatter them? Back in Deuteronomy 28:64, which says, “Then the LORD will scatter you among all nations, from one end of the Earth to the other. There you will worship other gods—gods of wood and stone, which neither you nor your fathers have known.” This came about during the Assyrian exile in 722-721 B.C. and again during the Babylonian exile in 586 B.C.—all predicted well beforehand. The punishment for their sin was God scattering them to other nations. Would they learn? No. While scattered into these other nations, they would pick up the practices of these foreign peoples and worship their gods of wood and stone. At some point in time it actually crossed God’s mind to blot out His own people from history. But because of His Covenantal promises and that the pagans would think that their gods have prevailed over the God of Israel, God by His grace and faithfulness continued to save His people, but not because of any righteousness intrinsic in His people.

In verse 28, God is still speaking of His own people. It says, “They are a nation without sense, there is no discernment in them.” God chose to save a nation without sense through His grace and faithfulness to magnify His mercy and love to the rest of the world. God knew how they would act before He chose to save them. He chose them to make a name for Himself. 2 Samuel 7:23 says, “And who is like your people Israel—the one nation on Earth that God went out to redeem as a people for Himself and to make a name for Himself, and to perform great and awesome wonders by driving out nations and their gods…” (Conversely, the bible says that mankind built the Tower of Babel to make a name for themselves.) There are some other reasons that God chose Israel, which I won’t cover directly for brevity sake, but it is an awesome study. I’ll direct the Reader to some verses pertaining to this: Deuteronomy 7:6-8, 9:4-6, and Ezekiel 36:22-38. We may cover these in a later study.

Verse 29 says, “If only they were wise and would understand this and discern what their end will be!” We know today in retrospect, that if they were to obey, their end would be great; however if they were to rebel in disobedience, then God’s judgment would incur and they would not fare well. But all of this was spelled out in detail in Deuteronomy 28. They would receive blessings for obedience and curses for disobedience. It was not really that they didn’t understand or didn’t know—it was that they didn’t really believe what God said. They didn’t take Him seriously. To be wise, as verse 29 says, all they would have to do was to read Deuteronomy 28, believe, apply, and obey it. To “be wise” does not take some special mystery or require hidden knowledge. The bible tells us that to be wise does not take a college degree, or street knowledge. Proverbs 1:6b says, “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.” So if they read their bible and acted on it then they would have understood what their end would be. Of course this applies to us today. The same blessings and curses are imputed to Christians by virtue of being engrafted into the family of God. God holds the individual accountable for his or her sins. When God “curses” one of His own who is rebelling against Him, He does it out of love. It is called discipline. God disciplines His own through the same curses found in Deuteronomy 28. He does it to bring us back into His fellowship. But there is coming a Day when God will use the curses of Deuteronomy 28 to curse the ungodly during the Tribulation, not to bring them into fellowship, but rather to satisfy His built up wrath and judgment that He has pent up against all the ungodly. And His curses will be magnified to a much greater degree during the Tribulation, as they are restrained to a much lesser degree when He uses His curses against His own in discipline during this Day of Grace. While God disciplines the Christian (even with curses) in this lifetime, it is for our good. Jeremiah 29:11 says, “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’”

Verse 30 says, “How could one man chase a thousand, or two put ten thousand to flight, unless their Rock had sold them, unless the LORD had given them up?” If we rebel against God as a people or as a nation, God will be against us and can give our enemies the advantage even if they are at a disadvantage numerically, or militaristically. We as America, for example, cannot trust our military might to keep us safe. If the LORD gives us up because we have turned our back on Him, God can cause a small unknown nation to overtake us. Jeremiah 17:5 says, “This is what the LORD says: ‘Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the LORD.’” The reverse is true if we are abiding by His will and commands. Zechariah 4:6b says, “‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the LORD Almighty.” Our confidence ought not be in the number of bombs or military warfare we have. The only thing (or One) who is keeping America standing today is God. If the Church today, does not throw off its Laodicean personality (unfortunately, it’s been prophesied this way) we may soon lose our national sanctification and divine protection that is covering our nation. This is the direction we are currently headed in. Jesus said that His coming will be like the Days of Noah. In the days of Noah, no one saw the floods coming. They didn’t see it coming because they were “too blessed.” Everyone was merrymaking and thought that the next day was promised. No one took God seriously. Jesus said that there is coming such a day again where everyone will be like this which will be unexpectantly met by the wrath of God. That day is now folks (right around the corner). We are today just like they were in the days of Noah. This nation (and the rest of the world) is ripe today for Jesus’ words to be actualized.

Verse 32 says, “Their vine…” okay, wait…who are we talking about, by the word “their”? We were just talking about Israel. But let’s read carefully. “Their” here is referring to the enemies of God. This distinction is important for when we get to verse 35 where it will say “their” foot will slip, and “their” disaster is near. Okay, verse 32 in whole says, “Their vine comes from the vine of Sodom and from the fields of Gomorrah. Their grapes are filled with poison, and their clusters with bitterness.” Verse 33: “Their wine is the venom of serpents, the deadly poison of cobras.” A “vine” is a good thing. Grapes come from vines. Wine was the tasty staple of the day in biblical times. But here, the vine of God’s enemies is deceptively good. They have a specious goodness that is not really goodness at all. Israel was duped and tasted the wine from God’s enemies. They worshipped their idols and acculturated their pagan practices. Today the Church has done the same. It was subtle back then and it is subtle today. Today’s idol comes in the form of money, self, and fame. The world is subtly offering it to the Church and we have to be careful to reject it. We have to stop accepting it. Sodom and Gomorrah was into homosexuality and egregious sin. Why is a significant portion of the Church of Jesus today welcoming this lifestyle into the Church? We are to welcome the people with love, not the sinful lifestyle regardless of what sin it may be. Welcome the alcoholic so that we can eventually address the alcoholism and eventually show them how Jesus cures them of their addiction through grace. Don’t condone the sin and act like God accepts it.

We come now to our second Tribulation passage. It is verses 34 to 35. They read, “Have I not kept this in reserve and sealed it in my vaults? It is mine to avenge; I will repay. In due time their foot will slip; their day of disaster is near and their doom rushes upon them.” We are not to reprimand the wicked or ungodly—it is God’s to avenge. We are, however, commanded throughout the New Testament to hold ourselves accountable (meaning the Church). 1 Corinthians 5:12-13a says, “What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside.” The Tribulation is God’s reckoning for non-Christians, but in the meantime, we are to keep ourselves in check by holding each other accountable to His Word or God will hold us accountable for not doing so. And again, please recall that the Tribulation Christian martyrs are singing this song. Verses 34 to 35 remind me of Revelation 6:10 when the martyrs cry out to God: “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the Earth and avenge our blood?” Because of God’s mercy, goodness and love, God is much more patient than us in dishing out His retribution. But to be sure, God is taking tallies of the wicked deeds of the ungodly and storing them up in His vaults for the Day of Judgement. He will avenge and repay.

Regarding the next verse: that is, verse 36, a few English translations translate it as “For the LORD will judge His people…” while the rest translate it as “For the LORD will vindicate His people…” The verse in its entirety reads, “For the LORD will vindicate His people and have compassion on His servants, when He sees that their power is gone and there is none remaining, bond or free” (ESV). We see the shift from God talking about His enemies in the previous 2 verses to Him addressing again His own people in this verse. This verse is saying that after God judges His own people, they will be so beaten down, so drained of self-will that they will then be ripe for His compassion and forgiveness. The goal of God’s judgement is to take away our pride so that He can freely express His compassion. Please note that God is not free to express His compassion so long as we have pride and obstinate hearts. This verse is worded confusingly, but I believe it is saying: when there is no one remaining among His people who rely on self and who live independently from God then God will save them have compassion on them, whether they are a slave or freeman. (There has to be some remaining in order for Him to save someone.) We must not attribute our power to our flesh. God is the source of our power. Philippians 4:3 does not say, “I can do all things.” It says, “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.” Our strength is His strength proffered to us. God is always in the process of breaking the wills of His children who trust in themselves and not in Him. God allows us to fall to the bottom until we realize that He is the answer to our problems and the source of our healing. This lesson is taught in the parable of the prodigal son that we all know well.

But we have to rid our idols before God will relent. An idol is proof that our heart is not right. We have to be very perceptive because idols can be extremely subtle and can go undetected. Be aware of how you view stuff and the importance you attribute to it. Be aware of how you view yourself—do you view yourself as better than another? Do you put others down to lift yourself up? Such an act indicates there are idols in the heart. If nothing is going right in our lives and it seems that God is against us, maybe He is. He goes against us when we have idols in our hearts because He loves us and wants to break us to make us right again.

Let’s skip to verse 40, which begins the last of the Tribulation references. It says, “I [God] lift my hand to heaven and declare: As surely as I live forever, [41] when I sharpen my flashing sword and my hand grasps it in judgment, I will take vengeance on my adversaries and repay those who hate me.” God here ends His song by addressing His enemies. By the way, the world mocks God all the time. Mockery of God pervades television and nearly every sector of society. It is difficult for Christians today to even enjoy a simple science or nature show. Science shows act like man created the physics and materials necessary to build things. They act like the know-how originated with man. How were the materials provided before the technology existed unless God preempted putting the material here for the technology to exist? Can scientists create anything from their own raw materials without having to borrow from what God made? God also preempted the laws of physics to make things work. Nature shows have license to say anything. They pick up a rock from a ground and say to the viewing audience that the rock is 4.2 billion years old. They pick up another and say that one is 3.5 billion years. They throw arbitrary numbers out and hope that the viewing audience buys it. Were they here 4.2 billion years ago to know that a random rock is 4.2 billion years old? Carbon dating’s half-life doesn’t even reach that far back. They are deliberately lying with many of their so-called facts and are trying to make a mockery of God. And it looks so innocent. It is “just” a nature show. They are manipulating the thoughts of man with their schemes and indoctrination of false facts. They purport that it is religion that indoctrinates, oh no!...only Christians have Truth; they seek to veil the Truth. God is storing up all of this in His vaults for the Day of Tribulation.

God continues in verse 42: “I will make my arrows drunk with blood, while my sword devours flesh; the blood of the slain and the captives, the heads of the enemy leaders.” The first two references to the Tribulation were kind of vague references. This third and final reference is very direct and clear, and with details. The Tribulation will include God slaying enemy leaders: nations’ presidents, prime ministers, kings, Czars, dictators, and eventually the Anti-Christ. When we think of “captives” that often triggers a sense of sympathy and implies innocence. But everyone here in verse 42 is considered by God His enemy. These are the people of the Tribulation day (especially the Great Tribulation Day).

Verse 43: “Rejoice, O nations, with His people, for He will avenge the blood of His servants; He will take vengeance on His enemies and make atonement for His land and His people.” This is the answer to that prayer in Revelation 6:10 when they prayed, “How long…until you judge…and avenge our blood?” Please note that God doesn’t say in this verse, “Rejoice, O Israel…” He addresses all saved Gentiles from other nations. We have seen so far in our Revelation study that there will be many saved Gentile martyrs from the Tribulation. Also please note that the land itself needs atonement. Sin brings a curse to the land. Only God’s people are able to lift the curse from the land. Non-Christians cannot accomplish this. 2 Chronicles 7:14 says, “If my people, who are called by my Name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” Only a Christian is capable of repenting (or a non-Christian becoming a Christian at that moment). Repentance has to do with mankind addressing sin. Repentance is being sorrowful for offending God by our actions against His required standard, and taking appropriate action to atone for the wrong committed. Non-Christians are incapable of repenting because they are unable to connect their sin to the True God they have offended. Reversing the curse requires repentance. There is a curse on the land of our nation. We have shed innocent blood and that curses the land. Numbers 35:33 says, “Do not pollute the land where you are. Bloodshed pollutes the land, and atonement cannot be made for the land on which blood has been shed, except by the blood of the one who shed it.” Abortion has cursed this land. Other bloodshed, like high crime rate, etc. is mostly the effects of the curse. God sheds blood (creates high crime rate) because we are shedding innocent blood. To mitigate the effects, the root cause must first be addressed.

I should briefly cover the other curse upon our land that the bible warned us of. The last verse of the Old Testament, Malachi 4:6 says, “He [Elijah] will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse.” Today we have too many sperm donors who refuse to be fathers. This verse tells us that if men refuse to father their children then God will strike the land (the nation) with a curse. The verse tells us that the sentiment must be reciprocal. Please note that the verse tells us that not only will God turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, but the children must also take responsibility and turn their hearts to their fathers. Today we have too many teens refusing to respect the legitimate fathers that they do have. This verse tells us that if the children reject their fathers that too will precipitate a curse on the land from God. And to top things off: How can a man become a father if the child gets aborted? Abortion underscores this verse and thereby ushers a curse on the land by God.

I should mention that Hebrews 1:6 quotes verse 43. Hebrews 1:6 says, “And again, when God brings His firstborn [Jesus] into the world, He says [regarding Jesus], ‘Let all God’s angels worship Him.’” The verse 43 that we just studied is as found in the Masoretic Text. The author of Hebrews quoted the Septuagint version (also in the Dead Sea Scrolls). The Septuagint version of our verse 43 reads, “Rejoice, O nations, with His people, and let all the angels worship Him, for He will avenge the blood of His servants…” The Septuagint is an ancient translation of the Hebrew original, but translated into Greek. The Masoretic would therefore be the greater witness of the original because it was written in the original language of the Old Testament: Hebrew. But that should not be an issue at all. What should be considered is the fact that the author of Hebrews even quoted the verse and applied it to Jesus. He quoted a verse in his bible that explicitly is referring to God and applies it to Jesus, and rightly so. In other words, by quoting this verse and applying it to Jesus, the author of Hebrews was qualifying Jesus as God. The author of Hebrews is saying that even the angels of God worship Jesus. I know that the Reader understands the Trinity and knows that Jesus is the God-Man, fully man and fully God; the Second Person of the Trinity, so I don’t need to further expound on that point here. The angels worship Him; we must also.

We opened this study with the question: ‘Why are the Tribulation Christian martyrs singing the Song of Moses?’ We saw that the Song of Moses includes the answer to the Christian martyr’s prayer of Revelation 6:10 to avenge their blood. They sing it just at the start of the Great Tribulation which is when God is going to unleash the fullness of His wrath on all godless people on the Earth. The song shows that God is greatly grieved when His own are unjustly oppressed and killed. Moses even said that these are not just words. Moses concludes in verse 47 saying to Israel, “They are not just idle words for you—they are your life. By them you will live long in the land you are crossing the Jordan to possess.” When the Tribulation is over, and God destroys all of the wicked on the Earth, God is going to repopulate this Earth with all saved people (the Day of Grace Saints, and Tribulation Saints, and OT Saints) for 1,000 years which is called the Millennium. During this time, God’s promise to Abraham will be truly fulfilled. In Genesis 15:18-21, God promised Abraham that he and his people will possess the entire land that He is giving him. Israel never took possession of the entire Promised Land because of their disobedience. The Tribulation is God taking the Promised Land and giving it to His people. That is one reason for the Tribulation, which is to fulfill God’s promise to Abraham. We will look more into this later, but for example, Isaiah 54:3 says, “For you will spread out to the right and to the left; your descendants will dispossess nations and settle in their desolate cities.” This did not happen in Isaiah’s day. This is a prophecy of the time just prior to the Millennium. God is going to slay all ungodly on the Earth, but leave their homes, mansions, cars, etc. in tack and God’s people will fully take possession of the Promised Land. Each person will get to choose an empty house to live in because the wicked will no longer be there. Each person will truly have their own vine and fig tree in that day.

Although God wrote “The Song of Moses” according to Deuteronomy 31:19, I might be remiss if I didn’t mention that Moses actually did write a song of his own. That is found in Exodus 15, but although Moses wrote it, this one is not what is referenced in Revelation 15 and this song does not have any Tribulation references. Instead, this song celebrates when God freed the Israelites from their bondage to Egypt. We will not be looking at this song here in our study.

[I worked on this post on separate days and did not realize that I covered the curse in Malachi twice in this post until I went back to edit, but I’ll leave everything the same. A few other things were repeated. I apologize for that. And a trick to increase the font is to hold the control button and press the plus sign how ever many times--just an FYI.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://christian-anxiety.forums-free.info

Page 1 of 1