Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum

Discuss your anxiety panic attacks or depression with other Christians. Find support from other Christians who are experiencing the same thing. Find answers. Pray and encourage one another through Jesus Christ.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Some of the ways to get rid of depression

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jerlin09

PostSubject: Some of the ways to get rid of depression    Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:14 am

* Flowers that smell good, colorful lights, and sunshine are all good in helping with depression. Just getting some fresh air can help too
* Breaking up your normal routine may be just the thing to spark your energy.
* Change your eating habits. An occasional treat isn't going to hurt you, but make sure your diet is based on fresh fruits and vegetables, protein, milk products, quality fats and complex carbohydrates. A balanced diet keeps the nutrients in your body balanced, which helps ward off depression.
* Talk to someone you trust: a friend, a family member, even a counselor.
* If you have a nagging voice in your head constantly putting you down, give in to it. Sit quietly for as long as it takes to listen to all that self-criticism until you're so bored you switch off.
* Go outside. Even a little bit of sunshine can help raise your mood a little. Try to get outside and get some fresh air, remind yourself there's a world out there and you can participate in it as much as you can handle.
* Keep having goals and living your life and it will eventually go away but sometimes it takes a few months.
* Exercise produces endorphins, which are the body's natural response to pain and stress and may be at especially low levels in people suffering from depression.
* You can practice Yoga and Meditation. It is a kind of awareness of your mind, body and spirit, That brings happiness and health.
* Dance the stress away. Find the time and space to dance alone for a few minutes each day. It releases angst from the day and will leave you feeling better about yourself.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
freeinjesus

PostSubject: Re: Some of the ways to get rid of depression    Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:53 pm

There are powerful ways to be free from depression. The word of God is wonderful and can change our thinking and our emotions. I did practise the word of God when I was depressed and I am now free, praise God!

Some steps that helped me:

I had to:

Make a decision to fight it - to many times we just give in because it feels overwhelming.

Let the word of God dominate my thinking

Be thankful and worship God - even if my feelings did not want to! The praise releases the power of God in our lives!

Pray in tongues - it has been a great help to me!

God Bless!

Free from Depression
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://free-from-depression.org
meganjo

PostSubject: Re: Some of the ways to get rid of depression    Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:25 am

Learning to control thoughts... I think this is something all of us will be working on throughout our lives. However, learning to control our thoughts is essential. Re frame the negative and positive. Stress is essentially a matter of perception so don't allow it to control you, take control of it .

drug rehab
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xstlvesme

PostSubject: speaking tongues   Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:48 pm

I know that this might sound weird, being a christian for as long, but I have always been unsure about how to speaking in tongues you are the second person I have heard that has broken free from depression/anxiety by speaking in tongues. Is it just calling out to God with any words that come out from your mouth?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Statesman63
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Some of the ways to get rid of depression    Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:01 am

xstlvesme wrote:
I know that this might sound weird, being a christian for as long, but I have always been unsure about how to speaking in tongues you are the second person I have heard that has broken free from depression/anxiety by speaking in tongues. Is it just calling out to God with any words that come out from your mouth?

I did a write up about tongues on this site. Here's the link:

http://christian-anxiety.forums-free.info/t53-about-speaking-in-tongues
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://christian-anxiety.forums-free.info
way2walk

PostSubject: Drive out depression!   Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:40 am

SURROUND YOURSELF WITH MATURE WORSHIPPING CHRISTIANS, PRAISE MUSIC, CHRISTIAN HIKING GROUPS, REMEMBER HOW YOU ARE BLESSED, AND THANK GOD FOR WHAT YOU HAVE. IT COULD ALWAYS BE WORSE: THERE ARE PEOPLE WITH NO LIMBS, NO HOME, NO FAMILY, VICTIMS OF EVERY CONCEIVABLE CRIME. YOU ARE BLESSED AND HIGHLY FAVORED OF GOD AND ALWAYS HAVE AN AUDIENCE WITH THE MOST HIGH.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dalevogl

PostSubject: Re: Some of the ways to get rid of depression    Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:39 am

One effective way for me in fighting depression is to think and do the thinks that could make me happy. As Much as possible, I would try my best to cope up the things that made me depressed and slowly accepting the reality. Depression is a very tricky situation, most of the time, the one who can help us is ourselves, though our family and friends could give us support.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.americanmedicaltech.com/modern-clinical-research.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some of the ways to get rid of depression    

Back to top Go down

Some of the ways to get rid of depression
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1