Christian Anxiety & Depression Forum

Discuss your anxiety panic attacks or depression with other Christians. Find support from other Christians who are experiencing the same thing. Find answers. Pray and encourage one another through Jesus Christ.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Prayer for Fasting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Andrew72

PostSubject: Prayer for Fasting   Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:09 pm

I have just joined the forum today! I am starting a 3 day fast from today. I have the following Scriptures which are helping my prayer times: Psalm 18:6, Psalm 20:1-8, Psalm 18:2-3, John 8:32 and 8:36, 1John 4:15-19 and 1John 3:21-22. I am praying that I will understand who I am in Jesus, that I will 'understand', in my heart, His perfect love for me and how that will drive out all fear and that He is control of my life. I'm also praying for physical healing from the effects of anxiety on body.

I have never fasted and been at work before, so this is a new challenge as the brain fades without food, but this is the time now as I can't wait any longer.

So if someone could pray for me at this time, that would be awesome!

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Statesman63
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Fasting   Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:54 pm

Andrew72 wrote:
I have just joined the forum today! I am starting a 3 day fast from today. I have the following Scriptures which are helping my prayer times: Psalm 18:6, Psalm 20:1-8, Psalm 18:2-3, John 8:32 and 8:36, 1John 4:15-19 and 1John 3:21-22. I am praying that I will understand who I am in Jesus, that I will 'understand', in my heart, His perfect love for me and how that will drive out all fear and that He is control of my life. I'm also praying for physical healing from the effects of anxiety on body.

I have never fasted and been at work before, so this is a new challenge as the brain fades without food, but this is the time now as I can't wait any longer.

So if someone could pray for me at this time, that would be awesome!

Thank you.
I prayed for your complete healing to come. Fasting is a great thing to do when we really want to hear from God. Make sure you repent of your sin (if you are struggling with any) and read Isaiah 58 to see what God calls a true fast (and what he calls a phony one). I'd also suggest that during your fast that you read this Catharsis page several times a day.
http://christian-anxiety.forums-free.info/t17-spiritual-catharsis-a-powerful-technique
Even after your fast, you should read it aloud at least once a day. God bless!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://christian-anxiety.forums-free.info
Andrew72

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Fasting   Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:52 am

Thank you for your prayer! I guess it’s very humbling when someone prays for you and they don’t even know you! I certainly do not take it for granted. I have dealt with some lingering ‘sins’ of late and found freedom, which is awesome! The Lord even brought to my attention things that I had long forgotten for me to deal with. I have spent time preparing for this fast and I have been reading Isaiah 58 each day. I am certain, as much as I can be, that I have endeavoured to meet all His requirements mentioned in these verses as best I can. I guess I have been using the Scriptures I listed in my first post in the same way you describe the ‘spiritual catharsis’, but I will also read through what you have there also.
Thank you again – I prayed and asked the Lord to bless you also as you reach out to others.
Take care.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for Fasting   

Back to top Go down

Prayer for Fasting
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1